Alchemy & Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel the energies around you? Can you interact with them in ways unknown? Come share & connect with others of your kind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
****Want Your Website Here? Contact Us!****
We Have TONS of Sub Directories! ---- Don`t Forget To Hunt Down These Lovely Hidden Gems.
Spring is coming.....How do you celebrate Ostara?

Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moon Mother

Moon Mother

Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes Empty
PostSubject: Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes   Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 9:02 am

Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes

I love this time of year as there are plenty of beautiful varieties of squash available. I’ve just prepared a Spaghetti Squash dish and it is wonderfully low in calories and carbs, perfect for diabetics and those who wish to be careful with their diets. I put in three mini sweet peppers that are always plentiful and a small sweet onion. This dish can be the main entrée with crusty bread and a creative salad, or it can be a side dish replacing boring veggies bringing a little fun and excitement to your evening meal. Here is the recipe for my Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes (I never measure anything as cooking is an art ;^), so bear with me:

First choose a Spaghetti Squash that is bright yellow with no blemishes. Cut it half, remove seeds and seed bed then lay it face down in a little water on a microwave platter. Nuke it for at least 10 minutes. Yes, you can do this in the oven too, at 375 degrees F. for about 40 minutes, or cut it into small pieces, peel it and simmer it in a little water in a large skillet. I like the quickest way and that is my microwave.

Once your squash is cooked and cooled, get a large fork and strip the shell of the meat. It will strip out in fine strings looking very much like spaghetti, hence the name. Set aside in a large bowl. I like to salt and pepper it for taste and with this dish, also sprinkle with plenty of basil.

Ingredients:

One bright yellow Spaghetti squash
One small sweet onion
½ cup sun dried tomatoes
Three orange mini sweet peppers
A little extra virgin olive oil
Salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, basil….however much you like.
1/3 cup white wine

Get out your cutting board and finely dice a small onion, three orange mini sweet peppers and about ½ cup of sun dried tomatoes.

In a medium skillet, add a little extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onion, peppers and sun dried tomatoes. Add a little garlic and oregano to taste. When the peppers are cooked and soft, add about 1/3 cup white wine or white Zin…. The sweetness of White Zin goes very nicely with the sun dried tomatoes. Simmer slightly. Pour this mixture over your squash and gently fold in the ingredients. You’re then ready to enjoy a lovely low carb meal without all the calories of cheese and pasta. Since I always have bread baking in my kitchen, I will serve this dish with crusty bread and whole veggie salad. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
http://www.moonmothertherapydolls.com
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

PostSubject: Re: Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes   Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:42 am

I've never cared much for spaghetti squash. But it was always just baked and then served with plain sauce. This recipe however sounds delicious!! And Matt does like this kind of squash so I think I'm going to give it a try again using your recipe. I'll report back on how I liked it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://valhallasoap.com
Moon Mother

Moon Mother

PostSubject: Re: Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes   Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes EmptyWed 14 Jul 2010, 10:48 am

I think you will be surprised. I had to doctor it up as I don't care for it plain either and I really like it this way. I love sun dried maters. LOL Enjoy your day! flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.moonmothertherapydolls.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes   Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes Empty

Back to top Go down

Patty's Spaghetti Squash with Sun dried Tomatoes
Page 1 of 1