Alchemy & Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel the energies around you? Can you interact with them in ways unknown? Come share & connect with others of your kind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
****Want Your Website Here? Contact Us!****
We Have TONS of Sub Directories! ---- Don`t Forget To Hunt Down These Lovely Hidden Gems.
Spring is coming.....How do you celebrate Ostara?

Square Foot gardening

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Square Foot gardening Empty
PostSubject: Square Foot gardening   Square Foot gardening EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 1:42 pm

I saw this somewhere and the idea has been in the back of my mind...

Actually I have been thinking of trying this on the top/roof of our apartment building... it is a hot desert... but it is not very easy to water the plants there...

It will be perfect for planting and organizing a herbal garden and vegetables too... With it being raised it could also be great for elderly people... hmmmm ok seems I am planning for the future too... hehe!!

Square Foot gardening

adding something like this would be easy and I can only imagine the tomatoes and other veggies you'd be harvesting...!!

to train climbing vines...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Square Foot gardening   Square Foot gardening EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 3:53 pm

Very cool idea! Moving to the desert I have to come up with ways to get my plants off the groud, takes too much water. This is something I can make for next years crop!
Back to top Go down
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

PostSubject: Re: Square Foot gardening   Square Foot gardening EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 5:19 pm

I've read allot about this method. I have a book on it someplace around here. This and lasagne gardening are very appealing to me. ATM, we have almost everything in raised beds with stainless steele hardware cloth in the bottom of them due to a very prolific gopher and whistle pig population. We do have to water more often. But we are on a private well system so it is a bit easier. This has NOT been a good gardening year for us. We had way too much rain to start off with. And then it was instantly hot! Very hot! the poor plants were drowning and turning yellow. And now they are bolting from the heat. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://valhallasoap.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Square Foot gardening   Square Foot gardening Empty

Back to top Go down

Square Foot gardening
Page 1 of 1