Alchemy & Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel the energies around you? Can you interact with them in ways unknown? Come share & connect with others of your kind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
****Want Your Website Here? Contact Us!****
We Have TONS of Sub Directories! ---- Don`t Forget To Hunt Down These Lovely Hidden Gems.
Spring is coming.....How do you celebrate Ostara?

Astragulas Tincture

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

Astragulas Tincture Empty
PostSubject: Astragulas Tincture   Astragulas Tincture EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 12:42 am

I finally got brave and put up my first batch of Astragalus Tincture last week. I've been putting off tincturing this particular herb because due to the high amount of polysaccharides present it doesn't tincture well via the cold extraction method. So I had to do a little more research on it and discovered that it is best tinctured by making a strong decoction and then preserving it with the same grain alcohol that you would use for your cold extraction tinctures.

Astragalus membrabaceus is used to strengthen the immune system. It helps boost the bodies ability to produce white blood cells. It is also a great anti-bacterial. In Chinese medicine it is known as HUANG QI and is often used as an energy tonic to treat Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as it strengthen wei qi, or defense energy.

We use allot of this herb due to my husband having Epstien Bar Virus. And I'm happy to say that I now have a little over a half quart of this beautiful golden medicinal that no herbal medicine cabinet should be without, especially during the long and sometimes wet winter months.

Astragulas Tincture Astragulas_tincture1_012010

Back to top Go down
http://valhallasoap.com

Astragulas Tincture
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Alchemy & Anarchy :: THE GRAND LIBRARY - GRIMOIRE VISABLE TO MEMBERS ONLY! :: The Green Thumb :: The Herbalist-
Jump to: