Alchemy & Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel the energies around you? Can you interact with them in ways unknown? Come share & connect with others of your kind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
****Want Your Website Here? Contact Us!****
We Have TONS of Sub Directories! ---- Don`t Forget To Hunt Down These Lovely Hidden Gems.
Spring is coming.....How do you celebrate Ostara?

Bread recipes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darbla

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:06 pm

With Lammas coming up in a few weeks, I'm gathering (get it?) bread recipes. I'm open to all your suggestions because I absolutely LOVE good bread. I have done all the following so can attest they are great:

Beer Bread

12 oz beer, at room temperature
3 c self-rising flour
3 T white sugar

1. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be sticky. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees ) for 50 for 60 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft. Serve topped with butter or cheese spread.

Those directions say "top will be crunchy", but when I made it the top was very rough textured and rustic looking, and I stuck it under a broiler for a few minutes to brown it. It didn't hurt the bread and it was yummy; just mentioning this in case it's your experience. I used Michelob Ultra and it was great; however I have had it from someone else who used a different beer and I didn't like it as much. There are variations of add-ins that I will post when I find them.

Mediterranean Black Olive Bread from a bread mix:

Bread mix (European Herb, Italian, Mediterranean Cheese, etc. just about any similar would work).
Dump in your bread machine with a good helping of chopped black olives (however much you want).
Bake as usual.
Pour olive oil in a shallow dish, add a sprinkling of freshly grated black pepper (there is no substitute for freshly ground pepper!; the already ground up pales in comparison), and some grated parmesan cheese. Dip in bread chunks.

Pumpkin Pancakes

Mix up pancakes from Bisquick or however you normally do it. Stir in some canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling!).
Griddle as normal. That's it; the pumpkin does not change the texture of the pancake mix since it is very similar.

Last edited by Darbla on Mon 12 Jul 2010, 11:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 9:16 pm

ok..I HAVE to jump on this thread!!! Giggles uncontrollably...

Im such a bread whore!! YUMMMM!! Homemade Bread is Da Bomb!
Back to top Go down
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 10:12 pm

Kyyra aka NaturesArt wrote:
ok..I HAVE to jump on this thread!!! Giggles uncontrollably...

Im such a bread whore!! YUMMMM!! Homemade Bread is Da Bomb!

OMG's Kim you and me both! I could seriously eat my weight in good homemade bread. Especially rustic wheat, or farm bread. Yum!!! But this flippin' carb free diet that my hubby is on is killing me!! I'm a carbo-holic!!

Back to top Go down
http://valhallasoap.com

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 10:15 pm

OH YAH, KILL ME NOW!?!?! Carb Free??? Forget it girlfriend! NOT happening in my house! lol
Back to top Go down
Darbla

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 11:28 pm

Oh, great! I landed in the right place, huh? flower

I edited it to correct something, and added mentioning olive oil on the Mediterranean bread (as if that was necessary! ha!).
Back to top Go down
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptyTue 13 Jul 2010, 11:22 am

Ok, now that you've added the dipping in olive oil part I'm convinced that you're trying to kill us Darbla. I would be doing this Bread recipes 222314 but it would be bread instead of chocolate Bread recipes 73543
Back to top Go down
Darbla

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 8:52 pm

Here's the version of that beer bread with notes from multiple people about variations. The first recipe I posted above includes the sugar, and that's the one I've made. This one doesn't mention it in the main recipe but does in the notes below it.

Lazy Bread

3 cups self-rising flour, 1 bottle of beer (Heinekin works here)

Stir, bread pan, 350*, 1 hour. That’s it.

Note1: I add any number of spices, herbs, favorite is caraway.

Note2: I make this as a cheese bread all the time. I add 3 tablespoons of sugar, though, and make my own "self-rising flour" (1cup flour, 1.5 teaspoon baking powder, .5 teaspoon salt). Stir a cup of shredded cheese into the batter.

Note3: The beer bread I make is 3 cups self rising flour, bottle of beer, 1 egg, 2 T melted butter and 3 T sugar. YUMMY!

Note4: Don't use Bud Light-- it tasted gross.

Note5: This is fabulous made with hard cider, either the regular kind or the really sweet kind! gives it that little extra flavor. i also like it made with Pete's peach ale in the summer, and their wicked winter beer in the winter.

Note6: Parmesan cheese, some dried basil and dried oregano.

Note7: added 2 tablespoons of dried onion, 1.5 tsp of garlic powder. and i put it in a pie tin, so i can make a kind of foccocia.

Note8: I added 1 T onion pwdr, 1 T garlic pwdr, 1 T oregano, and 2 T parmesan cheese in additon to the 1 cup of shredded cheese just before popping the "dough" into the pan.

Note9: 1tsp garlic salt, 2tsp italian seasoning, 1tsp garlic powder, 1/3 cup parm cheese

Note10: I made one Honey Wheat Beer Bread and used the recipe above, plus added 3 Tablespoons of sugar to the mix.

Note11: Add Parsley, Oregano, Basil, Parmesean Cheese and Roasted Garlic to the mix.

Note12: Whole wheat: Follow the directions for making your own selfrising flour, but replace half the all purpose white flour with wholewheat flour and it should be fine. All wheat makes it a very dense bread.

Note13: Another wheat version:

1.5 cups self rising flour
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
2.25 teaspoons of baking powder
.75 teaspoons salt
in place of the 3 cups of self rising flour

Note 14: Maybe try the cheese version but also add cooked sausage in the dough. There is a bakery near me that makes this divine sausage cheese bread, and while I don't think our shortcut version would be exactly like it it gave me the idea.

Last edited by Darbla on Sun 18 Jul 2010, 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 3:13 am

Wow Darbla! All these variations are awesome! Thanks for posting them Smile
Back to top Go down

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptySat 17 Jul 2010, 1:20 pm

What are you guys doing to me!! Do you know how difficult it is to find good bread in Taiwan... or even an oven...?

kill me now don't torture me any more!!!

hehe! I'd love to try these recipes... They look sooooo good!!
Back to top Go down
Darbla

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes EmptySun 30 Jan 2011, 9:57 am

More evil temptation from me. Just call me Devilish Darbla. Twisted Evil

Sweet Olive Oil Bread with Pine Nuts (quick bread; no waiting for yeast to rise)

2 1/2 cups (280g) all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

a pinch salt

2/3 cup (150g) sugar

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

3/4 cup (175 ml) milk

1/2 cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil + more for greasing pan

1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1/3 cup (50g) sultana raisins (the golden ones)

grated zest of 1 lemon

1/3 cup (25 g) pine nuts, divided

1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C. In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the sugar. Add the eggs, milk,olive oil, and lemon juice, and beat well.
2. Toss the raisins in a little flour to coat them lightly. Add the raisins and lemon zest, and half of the pine nuts (save the other half to sprinkle on top) add the flour and egg mixture, and stir to distribute evenly.
3. Grease and flour a loaf pan. Transfer the batter into the pan and smooth the surface. Sprinkle the top with remaining pine nuts. Bake for 55 minutes- making sure to test the center with a toothpick. Let cool for a few minutes before unmolding and allowing to cool completely on a rack. Store in the refrigerator. Will keep for up to a week.

Originally posted at http://transplantedbaker.typepad.com/the_transplanted_baker/2010/02/sweet-olive-oil-quickbread.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bread recipes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bread recipes   Bread recipes Empty

Back to top Go down

Bread recipes
Page 1 of 1