Alchemy & Anarchy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you feel the energies around you? Can you interact with them in ways unknown? Come share & connect with others of your kind!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
****Want Your Website Here? Contact Us!****
We Have TONS of Sub Directories! ---- Don`t Forget To Hunt Down These Lovely Hidden Gems.
Spring is coming.....How do you celebrate Ostara?

Gardening Woes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

Gardening Woes Empty
PostSubject: Gardening Woes   Gardening Woes EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 1:45 am

I'm very concerned about the garden this year. We got a jump start on our zone 4-5 growing season since we now have a fab greenhouse. However, we've had SO much dang rain!! And very little sun and warmth.

Everything came out of the greenhouse and went into the ground so late this year. And it's all so stunted and the leaves are yellow on just about everything. Especially the tomatoes. The yeild is terrible, only a handful of tomatoes per plant and the leaves are wilted and yellow and falling off.

The blueberries only got 2 flowers on one plant! Looks like no homegrown blueberries for us this year Sad
Back to top Go down
http://valhallasoap.com
whitering

whitering

Gardening Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardening Woes   Gardening Woes EmptyTue 13 Jul 2010, 2:15 am

I can understand your concern. I found several gardening sites that had information about stunted growth in plants. They all talked about the nutrional needs of plants and there was one that gave a way to test the drainage of your soil.

I found a site called Gardens Alive that has a guide to nutrient deficiency that may be of use to help your garden.
Back to top Go down

Gardening Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardening Woes   Gardening Woes EmptyTue 13 Jul 2010, 8:18 am

We have the opposite issue, no rain and really hot! Our lillies are out and dying now. Our grass is brown and ugly. We need rain so badly!
Back to top Go down
Absinthe Angel
Admin
Absinthe Angel

Gardening Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardening Woes   Gardening Woes EmptyTue 13 Jul 2010, 10:48 am

Things seem to be doing better now that the rain has stopped. They are getting the warmth and sun that they were so badly in need of and so are finally starting to grow. We are started to harvest our first strawberries, over a month late! They are small, but they are tasty Smile
Back to top Go down
http://valhallasoap.com
Sponsored content

Gardening Woes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gardening Woes   Gardening Woes Empty

Back to top Go down

Gardening Woes
Page 1 of 1